Spokane street crews are out in force Wednesday evening, working to plow roads and spread deicer along principal arterials and bus routes.
The street department has crews working around the clock with up to 35 pieces of equipment available to clear the roads.
Over in Coeur d'Alene, crews started a city-wide plow at 5 a.m. Wednesday. Street superintendent Tim Martin expects that crews will wrap up Thursday at noon.
Thankfully there were no major accidents to report Wednesday morning but there were a number of close calls out on the roads.
Of course, when the weather conditions deteriorate, keep some common sense strategies with you as you drive in the snow, such as decrease your speed, increase your following distance with other cars in the road and it's a good idea to clear your windshield before you hit the road.
- Give 4 Kids raises over $58k for Children's Miracle Network
- Man who lost leg in motorcycle crash reunites with dentist who saved him
- 3D printing technology helps cardiologists save lives
- National Prescription Drug Take Back Day
- Spokane man accused of sexually assaulting women faces serious penalties
- Idaho city officials eye former mill site along Spokane River