SPOKANE, Wash. - Rachel Colby, the woman accused of killing her mother LaTanya Chapin, was back in court Thursday along with her boyfriend who is also believed to be involved.
Colby and Juan Sifuentez are both charged with beating Chapin to death with a baseball bat in February.
Chapin's body was discovered in late April in the trunk of a car parked in east central Spokane.
They were both originally charged with second degree murder but are now facing first degree premeditated murder along with first degree robbery, conspiracy to commit kidnapping and conspiracy to commit robbery.
Colby and Sifuentez plead not guilty to all charges Thursday and have a trial date set for the end of June.
- Community helps SPD find hit and run suspect
- Several rallies, marches fill Spokane
- Woman arrested for South Hill hit and run
- Give 4 Kids raises over $58k for Children's Miracle Network
- Man who lost leg in motorcycle crash reunites with dentist who saved him
- 3D printing technology helps cardiologists save lives