SPOKANE, Wash. - Rachel Colby, the woman accused of killing her mother LaTanya Chapin, was back in court Thursday along with her boyfriend who is also believed to be involved.
Colby and Juan Sifuentez are both charged with beating Chapin to death with a baseball bat in February.
Chapin's body was discovered in late April in the trunk of a car parked in east central Spokane.
They were both originally charged with second degree murder but are now facing first degree premeditated murder along with first degree robbery, conspiracy to commit kidnapping and conspiracy to commit robbery.
Colby and Sifuentez plead not guilty to all charges Thursday and have a trial date set for the end of June.
- Neighbors shocked about Blanchard shooting
- SPD investigating alleged attempted child abduction
- 179 "at risk" students to be excluded from school due to mumps outbreak
- SIRR team investigating weekend officer-involved shooting
- Deputies, suspect involved in Blanchard shooting identified
- Lind-Ritzville schools announce early release Tuesday