SPOKANE, Wash. - An armed robbery suspect is in police custody, thanks to watchful citizens.
Spokane police responded to 1400 W. 2nd around 1:30 Wednesday afternoon after a couple of people reported two men were fighting and one of them had a knife.
It started when the victim was walking down the street and was approached by Jeffery E. Bush, 30, who had a knife. Bush tried to rob the victim, who tried to fend him off. During the scuffle, the man received a deep cut to his hand that required stitches.
Several citizens came to help, holding Bush down on the ground until police arrived. Other than the cut on his hand, the victim was not injured.
Bush was arrested and booked into jail for 1st Degree Robbery and 1st Degree Assault.
- Gonzaga falls from top spot in AP poll, Kansas moves to No. 1
- United to add San Francisco and Chicago service to Spokane
- 4 Things to Know for Feb. 27
- Former NAACP leader Rachel Dolezal says she can't find job
- Childcare advocates ask Washington lawmakers to invest more in childcare
- Pay-by-phone app no longer working in downtown Spokane