SPOKANE, Wash. - After 32 years, one of Spokane's landmark restaurants abruptly closed late Saturday night.
C.I. Shenanigans, located in downtown Spokane near the Doubletree Hotel, has shut down.
A note on the front of the door states it closed because the Spokane Facilities District is expanding the convention center.
Several employees told KXLY they were informed by regional managers Saturday night to "file for unemployment" because the restaurant was closing.
Employees said they were expecting C.I. Shenanigans to close - but not until late December for that reason.
Close to 40 workers lost their jobs. The company who owns the restaurant could not be reached by phone.
- City Council approves $1.75m loan for Ridpath Redevelopment
- Mail Theft Ring Suspect Arrested
- City working to fill potholes despite poor road conditions
- Wrongful death lawsuit over case of Brenda Thurman still unresolved
- Post Falls company under fire for racist image
- Officer not charged in May 2016 shooting