A five-year-old boy is dead after he was found inside the trunk of a car in North Spokane.
Station 99 firefighters responded to a home off Country Homes Drive Wednesday around 6 p.m. When they arrived they say the boy was pulled from the trunk of a car where he was found.
Firefighters immediately started CPR because they couldn't find a pulse and the boy wasn't breathing. He was quickly transported to a local hospital where he was pronounced dead.
Authorities say this may serve as a reminder if you own a car with a trunk made past the year 2002 there's a safety latch on the inside.
They say kids like to play in or around cars and you may want to show them the latch so if they do get stuck inside they have a way out.
- Unvaccinated students forced to stay home due to mumps outbreak
- 2 Bonner County deputies shot near Blanchard
- Baldwin leaving EWU for Cal offensive coordinator position
- National Weather Service issues Ice Storm Warning for Grant County
- Thousands turn out for MLK march
- Otter orders cybersecurity improvements for Idaho