Spokane, WA - The Boeing Employees Credit Union officially landed in Spokane on Thursday.
It's new branch is now open at Cataldo and Ruby Street. BECU didn't waste anytime making an impact on the community.
It teamed up with SNAP to award three small businesses grants in the amount of $5,000 each.
One of the businesses that received a check Thursday morning was Anvil Welding Instruction. It's a long time Spokane business that is now teaching people how to weld.
Owner Lonnie Benn says the grant money will be used to purchase new equipment to better train tomorrow's workforce.
"I think that the thing that I'm most excited about is everybody, but especially young people. Because this is our new frontier," said Benn. "We need to get the young people who don't go to college."
Kitchen Spokane and A & J Transportation were the other two businesses that received the grants.
- Driver arrested after Spokane Valley crash injures four juveniles
- Lawmakers don't want pot billboards to be appealing to kids
- Thousands of pennies to help nonprofit school
- Hundreds 'March for Science' in Spokane
- Pink Ribbon Run will raise funds for local breast cancer patients
- STA one step closer to Central City Line