Spokane, WA - The Boeing Employees Credit Union officially landed in Spokane on Thursday.
It's new branch is now open at Cataldo and Ruby Street. BECU didn't waste anytime making an impact on the community.
It teamed up with SNAP to award three small businesses grants in the amount of $5,000 each.
One of the businesses that received a check Thursday morning was Anvil Welding Instruction. It's a long time Spokane business that is now teaching people how to weld.
Owner Lonnie Benn says the grant money will be used to purchase new equipment to better train tomorrow's workforce.
"I think that the thing that I'm most excited about is everybody, but especially young people. Because this is our new frontier," said Benn. "We need to get the young people who don't go to college."
Kitchen Spokane and A & J Transportation were the other two businesses that received the grants.
- Fossil fuel transportation initiative has concerned citizens speaking up
- Police search for missing Hayden woman
- Spokane wants your donations to go to charitable organizations, not individuals
- Bob Ferguson disappointed court narrowed travel ban freeze
- Idaho website hacked with pro-Islamic State message
- Stolen purse returned to 92-year-old woman