SPOKANE, Wash. - An apartment fire in a complex at the intersection of Huston and Standard on Tuesday is now being considered arson by fire investigators.
That fire, which started on the top floor of the complex, was contained very quickly
After two days of investigating the Spokane Fire Department is now suspecting arson, and Assistant Fire Chief Brian Schaeffer said investigators need your help.Apartment Arson
While tenants in the building have cooperated with investigators the fire department still doesn't have a person of interest. That's why certain details like exactly how the fire was started and any other evidence at the scene is being withheld.
The fact that someone endangered not only those living in the targeted unit, but the entire complex, makes this crime especially heinous.
"It just raises that level of intensity when it is in a very dense structure like an apartment, and it endangers lives ... it really puts us behind the curb when were in a rescue mode to try and bring people out of these buildings, it really makes it difficult," Schaeffer said.
The Spokane Fire Department asks that if you have any information, to please call the arson tip line at 344-FIRE.
- Neighbors shocked about Blanchard shooting
- SPD investigating alleged attempted child abduction
- 179 "at risk" students to be excluded from school due to mumps outbreak
- SIRR team investigating weekend officer-involved shooting
- Deputies, suspect involved in Blanchard shooting identified
- Lind-Ritzville schools announce early release Tuesday