SPOKANE, Wash. - A sexual abuse victim of a priest has filed a lawsuit against the Catholic dioceses of Yakima and Spokane.
The lawsuit filed in Spokane County Superior Court Tuesday contends that beginning in 1961, Father Joseph Sondergeld sexually abused the victim at the Immaculate Conception Catholic Church in Roslyn, Washington.
The victim was nine years old when the abuse began.
The lawsuit contends the Spokane Diocese knew Sondergeld's past abuse of children and failed to report him to the authorities. The Spokane Diocese instead transferred Sondergeld to the Yakima Diocese.
The priest died in 1969.
- I-90 semi crash closes westbound lanes
- Spokane officer identified in Sunday shooting
- Senator to reporter: "None of your business" when education plan will be ready
- Eastbound Snoqualmie Pass lanes to open at 4 p.m.
- Westbound I-90 reopened at Fourth of July Pass
- Popular alt-right figure Milo Yiannopoulos cancels WSU appearance