SEATTLE - The Peace Corps says the University of Washington, Western Washington University and Gonzaga are among the best places in the nation for recruiting volunteers.
The University of Washington and the University of Florida are tied again for second place among large schools, with each sending 85 undergraduate alumni to be Peace Corps volunteers.
Western Washington University tops the list of medium-sized colleges and universities with 65 volunteers. And Gonzaga is at the top of small colleges and universities with 22 volunteers among its undergraduate alumni.
UW also makes the list of best places to recruit volunteers from graduate schools. And the Seattle campus is No. 3 on the list of all-time historical contributions of volunteers to the program, with 2,840 volunteers since 1961.
Three other Washington universities made the small colleges list: Pacific Lutheran University, Seattle University and the University of Puget Sound.
- Preparing for icy winter weather
- Neighbor of suspect shocked by shooting
- SPD officers attempted tasing suspect before resorting to deadly force
- Unvaccinated students forced to stay home due to mumps outbreak
- 2 Bonner County deputies shot near Blanchard
- Baldwin leaving EWU for Cal offensive coordinator position