SPOKANE, Wash. - A major arterial on the South Hill is being ripped up this summer which is making for a confusing commute.
29th Avenue from Grand to Bernard is being repaved right now; crews will also install a new 12-inch water main. Once 29th from Grand to Bernard is finished around mid-August, crews move on to the section of 29th between Bernard and High Drive.
In all the project will take until mid-November to finish.29th Avenue construction
Despite the inconvenience, many neighbors are happy 29th is being repaved because it can be a very bumpy drive.
"It's really bad in the winter, it's bad, but it's such a high traffic road to get to all the new shops now and the stores so I don't know where all that traffic's going to go," Paula Padilla said.
According to signs in the area, traffic will filter through neighborhoods.
- North Monroe project to move forward despite lingering concerns
- Bloomsday looking for more volunteers
- Historic Ridpath hotel to be turned into affordable housing
- Problematic drug house in Spokane boarded up
- Local school district tackles '13 Reasons Why'
- Humane Society volunteer wins award for shelter