SPOKANE VALLEY, Wash. - A 2-year-old girl was hit by a suspected drunk driver Saturday night in Spokane Valley.
She remained in serious condition in the ICU Sunday.
Saturday night, around 8:00 p.M., 22-year-old Timmy Nguyen struck the 2-year-old girl with his Honda SUV near Maringo Drive and Argonne Road.
The girl was in a bicycle carrier trailer and was wearing a helmet.
Nguyen sped off but a witness followed him to an apartment complex where police detained him.
Nguyen was arrested for felony hit and run and vehicular assault.
The 2-year-old girl has a wrist and skull fracture - but is doing well and is expected to recover.
According to deputies at the scene, the girl's helmet was completely blown apart. Doctors said if it wasn't for her helmet, it's likely that this collision would have been deadly.
- EWU holding press conference regarding Baldwin
- 2 Bonner County deputies shot near Blanchard
- Death penalty repeal bill introduced in Washington state
- "Liar" chanted at McMorris Rodgers during MLK Day speech.
- Shea accuses KXLY of "fake news," points to story KXLY didn't run
- House fire kills 1 in Peck, Idaho