SPOKANE, Wash. - A car crash in north Spokane on Sunday afternoon left one person dead and two others seriously injured.
The crash happened around 12:30 p.m. at the intersection of E. Empire and Helena.
Police say 38-year-old Bryan Storms was driving north on Helena when he ran through a stop sign into a green Ford Ranger that was traveling west on Empire.One killed, two injured in north Spokane car crash
The driver of the truck was killed in the crash. Two passengers who were in the car with Storms also had serious, but non-life threatening injuries. Police have not identified the victims of the crash.
Following the crash, Storms got out of the car and ran away from the scene, but an on-looker chased him down and helped officers make the arrest.
Storms will be charged with vehicular manslaughter and two counts of vehicular assault.
Investigators cleared the scene by 5:00 p.m. Sunday. All roads were re-opened.
- Community helps SPD find hit and run suspect
- Several rallies, marches fill Spokane
- Woman arrested for South Hill hit and run
- Give 4 Kids raises over $58k for Children's Miracle Network
- Man who lost leg in motorcycle crash reunites with dentist who saved him
- 3D printing technology helps cardiologists save lives