SPOKANE, Wash. - While the Seattle Seahawks opened the NFL season in Seattle, fans in Spokane got to enjoy the big game on the big screen.
Over 200 people came to the historic Garland Theater Thursday night to watch the Seahawks beat the Green Bay Packers. The theater shows the games free of charge and uses them to spread the word about their new services.
"We offer beer and wine and also food items in the theater now, so it really gives us a shot to showcase those new things," says Manager Samuel Schad.
The Garland plans to show every Seahawks game this season, and the Super Bowl, regardless of what teams are playing.
- Neighbors shocked about Blanchard shooting
- SPD investigating alleged attempted child abduction
- 179 "at risk" students to be excluded from school due to mumps outbreak
- SIRR team investigating weekend officer-involved shooting
- Deputies, suspect involved in Blanchard shooting identified
- Lind-Ritzville schools announce early release Tuesday