SPOKANE VALLEY, Wash. - The intoxicated Spokane Valley man who held police in a 9 hour standoff Friday night is now in jail.
The SWAT team was called to the 3500 block of north Ely Road in Spokane Valley around 8:45 p.m. Friday.
A woman in her early 20's called 911 to report she and her husband had an argument and he held her captive for hours. She escaped through a window.
The man, 31-year-old Justin Chance, then barricaded himself inside with weapons.
The woman said they were drinking before the argument.
Around 5:20 Saturday morning, the SWAT team used gas to force the man out of the home.
Police said he was not following orders, so they shot him with a 40 millimeter bean bag.
They then took him into custody without incident.
Chance was booked into jail on 2nd degree assault and unlawful imprisonment.
- Idaho city officials eye former mill site along Spokane River
- Spokane man accused of sexually assaulting women faces serious penalties
- Trinity Catholic School breaks ground on new facillity
- New report says Spokane spends $1M on cops in schools
- Spokane man splits top prize in television reality show
- A robot that picks apples? Replacing humans worries some