SPOKANE, Wash. - A 12-year-old boy was accidentally shot in the leg by his grandfather on Christmas in Spokane Valley.
The Spokane County sheriff's office says the boy and his grandfather were roughhousing in the living room of a home when a handgun in the holster on the grandfather's belt went off.
The Spokesman-Review reports the bullet hit the boy in the right calf. He was treated at a hospital.
- Thousands of pennies to help nonprofit school
- Hundreds 'March for Science' in Spokane
- Pink Ribbon Run will raise funds for local breast cancer patients
- STA one step closer to Central City Line
- Providence Health Care to break ground on new behavioral health hospital
- Man charged with almost a dozen sexual assaults