Local News

Spokane teen severely burned by exploding e-cigarette

 A Spokane teen has filed a lawsuit against makers and sellers of e-cigarettes after sustaining severe burns on his leg and hand when his e-cigarette battery exploded in his pocket.

On August 25, 2016, the teen charged his e-cigarette battery and placed it in his pants pocket. He later went to visit and vape with friends.

When he finished vaping, he sat down on the couch, and his battery exploded in his pants pocket. He tossed the battery to the ground, but not before the explosion caused second-degree burns to his right thigh and right hands.

“Many people in this country are still not aware of the increasing number of serious injuries from using e-cigarettes,” said James S. Rogers, a Seattle attorney.

Four lawsuits have been filed across the state of Washington last October in defective e-cigarette cases.


LOCAL AND REGIONAL NEWS

THIS WEEK'S CIRCULARS