COLBERT, Wash. - A Spokane Sheriff's deputy, has been shot and injured during a SWAT standoff on East Colbert Road and North Leslie Lane.
According to Deputy Mark Gregory, officers were called out to a domestic violence situation sometime around 7:00 p.m. A SWAT standoff ensued, lasting several hours, before the subject fired at officers, striking one in the shoulder.
The sheriff's office said the suspect came out of the home and they attempted to use non-lethal force, before the suspect went back inside the home.
The man then came back outside and started shooting at law enforcement. The suspect was then shot and killed. Officials said detectives are still working to determine if it was a self inflicted gun shot wound, or if he was shot by law enforcement.
Deputy Gregory said the suspect was known to law enforcement, and was the subject of several previous calls.
The injured deputy has not been identified, but Gregory said he is a Sergeant who has worked for the sheriff's office for nearly two decades. He is also the SWAT team supervisor.
We'll continue to follow this breaking story and provide more information as soon as it becomes available.
- Thanksgiving travel tips for local flyers
- Holiday deals for the savvy consumer
- New details emerge in Medical Lake High School explicit photo drive
- Travel easier during the busiest holiday weekend in a decade
- Cantwell fights higher park fees
- Padden named ranking member on Senate Law and Justice committee