ELK, Wash. - Spokane County Sheriff's Deputies are investigating a marijuana dispensary break-in that may have led to a student going to the hospital.
The dispensary, called JD's Collective Garden, was broken into on Sunday night or early Monday morning. 22 ounces of marijuana was taken, along with multiple pipes, and 38 THC-infused chocolate bars.
On Monday, a student at Riverside High School gave another student a THC-infused chocolate bar. After the student ate the bar, he was told that it was infused with marijuana. The victim got sick from the chocolate bar and was taken to the hospital. He tested positive for THC.
The student who gave the victim the chocolate bar was expelled from Riverside High School. Deputies are looking into possible charges for the student.
The investigation into the burglary is ongoing. Arrests are expected in near future.
Crime Stoppers is offering a cash reward for anyone providing information leading to an arrest in this burglary. Persons with information should call the Crime Stoppers Tip Line at 1-800-222-TIPS., or should forward the tip via their website, www.crimestoppersinlandnorthwest.org. Tipsters do not have to give their name to collect the reward.
- Police investigate north Spokane shooting
- WSP responded to 100+ vehicle crashes in Spokane area Wednesday morning
- I-90 over Snoqualmie Pass closed all day, night
- Man killed in weekend officer-involved shooting identified
- Neighbors shocked about Blanchard shooting
- SPD investigating alleged attempted child abduction