SPOKANE, Wash. - The Spokane sheriff's office says it's seeing more incidents where security guards or citizens confront shoplifters or robbers.
The office says this is putting more people at risk, as suspects may have a gun and be under the influence of drugs.
The sheriff's office said Monday it discourages people confronting criminals and says witnesses should call police.
- Driver arrested after Spokane Valley crash injures four juveniles
- Lawmakers don't want pot billboards to be appealing to kids
- Thousands of pennies to help nonprofit school
- Hundreds 'March for Science' in Spokane
- Pink Ribbon Run will raise funds for local breast cancer patients
- STA one step closer to Central City Line