SPOKANE, Wash. - The Spokane City Council approved a six-month moratorium Monday night on new medical marijuana dispensaries.
Councilman Jon Snyder said, "We need a timeout" to consider how new state rules for recreational marijuana sales will affect the medical marijuana business.
The Spokesman-Review reports the council feared a proliferation in marijuana businesses before the state finished writing its rules.
The action freezes the number of medical marijuana businesses in Spokane at about a dozen.
- SIRR team investigating weekend officer-involved shooting
- Deputies, suspect involved in Blanchard shooting identified
- SPD investigating alleged attempted child abduction
- Lind-Ritzville schools announce early release Tuesday
- 80-year-old woman dies in northern Idaho house fire
- Mexico club shooting: Spokane woman one of the injured