Spokane Police are investigating two shootings that happened Friday night.
The first investigation began when a woman in her 20's was dropped off at the Sacred Heart Emergency Room around 9 p.m. with multiple gunshot wounds to her chest. The driver of the undisclosed vehicle helped her into a wheelchair and notified police before fleeing the scene.
"The female is being treated by the hospital and is in, what I would call, serious condition. We are trying to piece together what occurred and where this happened to do a complete and thorough investigation," said Lieutenant Eric Olsen with Spokane Police.
The woman was conscious and able to share some details of the shooting with police. Major Crimes detectives have taken over the investigation.
The second investigation began as a shots fired call with a possible man in distress at an apartment complex in the 2200 block of N. Astor. Police arrived at the scene to find a deceased male. Several people were taken into custody for questioning.
- North Monroe project to move forward despite lingering concerns
- Bloomsday looking for more volunteers
- Historic Ridpath hotel to be turned into affordable housing
- Problematic drug house in Spokane boarded up
- Local school district tackles '13 Reasons Why'
- Humane Society volunteer wins award for shelter