SPOKANE, Wash. - Spokane business leaders were in Washington, D.C., this week, lobbying the Air Force to base its new aerial refueling tankers at Fairchild Air Force Base.
Fairchild has long been home to the older KC-135 air tankers.
Now the Air Force will be transitioning to the next generation of tankers, known as the KC-46A. They will be built by Boeing.
Fairchild is one of four finalists to be home of the new tankers. A decision is expected in mid-May.
- Neighbors shocked about Blanchard shooting
- SPD investigating alleged attempted child abduction
- 179 "at risk" students to be excluded from school due to mumps outbreak
- SIRR team investigating weekend officer-involved shooting
- Deputies, suspect involved in Blanchard shooting identified
- Lind-Ritzville schools announce early release Tuesday