SPOKANE, Wash. - An inmate in the Spokane County Jail has been accused of threatening to rape the wife of a sheriff's detective who testified against him.
The sheriff's office says Terrence D. Riley was recorded making the threat in a phone call with his brother.
The Spokesman-Review reports both men were told their call was being recorded before they were connected.
Riley was cleared last week of a criminal assistance charge in a shooting. He remains in jail because of a probation violation and the threat allegation.
- Carlyle to stop providing assisted living housing in October
- Monday least expensive day to fill up at the pump
- Accidental drug overdoses on the rise in Spokane
- Local businesses worried about transients next door
- Spokane woman writes letter to man who broke into her car
- Don't leave valuable property in your car