SPOKANE, Wash. - The Spokane County Sheriff's Office has created a cold case unit of two detectives to focus on unsolved cases.
The detectives may be pulled off of the cold case unit to work on a major crime, but the goal is to make progress on 45 open cases, the oldest dating back to 1948.
Sheriff Ozzie Knezovich told The Spokesman-Review the cold case unit may be expanded by building a volunteer team of retired officers.
- Lind-Ritzville schools announce early release Tuesday
- 80-year-old woman dies in northern Idaho house fire
- Mexico club shooting: Spokane woman one of the injured
- Preparing for icy winter weather
- Neighbor of suspect shocked by shooting
- SPD officers attempted tasing suspect before resorting to deadly force