YAKIMA, Wash. - Pit bulls are banned in Yakima except for the dogs that are used as service animals. So, some pit bull owners in Yakima are claiming their dogs have been trained to help the disabled.
City code manager Joe Caruso tells KIMA one so-called pit bull service dog killed a cat that entered its yard, and another pit bull escaped and bit three people.
The dog that attacked people was put down and the cat killer is banned from the city until its case is heard in court.
Meanwhile, Yakima plans to ask service dog owners to sign a form that says they could be charged with perjury if their pit bull isn't a real service animal.
- Viral video features Spokane area airmen being blocked by protesters
- Whitworth students caught in DC protest
- Thousands participate in Spokane Women's March
- 92-year-old man attempts snow shoeing for first time
- Airmen blocked access to Trump's inauguration by protesters
- Spokane police officer saves woman from burning car