SOAP LAKE, Wash. - Soap Lake schools are back open Wednesday after being closed a day to put added security measures into place.
The district says on its website that the district decided to close schools Tuesday because a student who had been arrested last week for threats was released Monday from juvenile detention.
The district says it's working with police to put further safety measures into place.
The Grant County town has about 500 students in four schools.
- CDA students fuse technology, creativity and garner international attention
- Carlyle to stop providing assisted living housing in October
- Monday least expensive day to fill up at the pump
- Accidental drug overdoses on the rise in Spokane
- Local businesses worried about transients next door
- Spokane woman writes letter to man who broke into her car