SEATTLE - Snow is in the forecast for Washington, and the National Weather Service says a couple of inches could fall on Friday morning in the Seattle area before turning to rain.
Forecasters say colder air is moving into the state Wednesday, and when precipitation arrives Thursday night it will fall as snow in the Western Washington lowlands. Forecasters say it's difficult to predict accumulations before it turns to rain but there could be 2 to 4 inches north of Seattle.
More snow is expected in the mountains and parts of Eastern Washington. Cooler temperatures will keep a chance of snow in the Eastern Washington forecast through the weekend.
- Update: Northern Idaho authorities clear deputy in fatal crash
- One person killed in early morning house fire
- Viral video features Spokane area airmen being blocked by protesters
- 92-year-old man attempts snow shoeing for first time
- Thousands participate in Spokane Women's March
- Thousands turn out for Women's March on Spokane