POTLATCH, Idaho - Smoldering fireworks caused a house fire north of Potlatch early Thursday morning.
The Latah County Sheriff's Office reports that the residents of the home on Browns Lane placed their discharged fireworks in a garbage can inside their garage Wednesday night. Around 1 a.m. the residents woke up to find their garage was on fire.
They were able to extinguish most of the blaze before Potlatch volunteer firefighters arrived and put out the fire.
The home sustained some smoke damage. No one was hurt.
- Neighbors shocked about Blanchard shooting
- SPD investigating alleged attempted child abduction
- 179 "at risk" students to be excluded from school due to mumps outbreak
- SIRR team investigating weekend officer-involved shooting
- Deputies, suspect involved in Blanchard shooting identified
- Lind-Ritzville schools announce early release Tuesday