SPOKANE, Wash. - Multiple activities are being canceled this weekend due to heavy smoke throughout the area. Here's what you need to know:
Thursday afternoon, Ferris High School canceled their football game against Colorado-based Ralston Valley. The game was scheduled for Friday night at Joe Albi Stadium. Dozens of other local high school football and soccer games are also subject to rescheduling or cancellation if the air quality doesn't dip below 150. By 5 pm Thursday, the number hovered around 260.
Washington State, Eastern Washington and Whitworth all have decisions to make by Saturday morning. Idaho is also home, but they play inside the Kibbie Dome.
Earlier this week, all IEYSA soccer games and practices were canceled until further notice. The Bloomsday Road Runner's club is waiting until 5 am Sunday morning to make a decision on their annual "Sundae Sundae" run.
The 3 day "Tinnabulation Music Festival" begins Friday, and organizers are planning to go ahead, but will excuse bands if they don't feel safe enough to play.
Early Thursday morning, organizers for Saturday's "March For the Fallen" walk posted that the event would go on as planned.
- Cannabis facility captures armed man's every move during break-in
- Dog adoptions at Spokane Humane Society expected to resume by end of week
- Felon arrested for possessing firearm
- Kooskia woman arrested on multiple charges
- Boil advisory in effect for Soap Lake
- Avista rebuilding transmission line on South Hill