WINTHROP, Wash. - A 76-year-old Shoreline man died while swimming northeast of Winthrop.
Okanogan County Sheriff Frank Rogers says Charles J. Covello had gone for a short dip Saturday afternoon in Pearrygin Lake when a witness saw him struggle and go under water.
Rogers says a diver and a snorkeler at the lake retrieved Covello after he had been under water 5 or 10 minutes.
The Wenatchee World reports two vacationing emergency medical technicians who happened to be at the lake performed CPR immediately but were unable to revive him.
- Ferguson files lawsuit over sexual harassment of farmworkers
- Man ejected from truck found dead at scene
- Escaped inmate located and taken into custody
- 4 Things To Know For April 26
- Spokane family knows first hand high demand for behavioral health services
- North Monroe project to move forward despite lingering concerns