SPRINGDALE, Wash. - The Washington Department of Fish and Game confirms a wolf pack killed at least 14 sheep near Springdale.
The sheep were part of a herd of nearly 1,800 sheep grazing on land off of Springdale-Hunters Road.
Investigators say the attack happened earlier this week.
Wildlife agents are working with the rancher to move other sheep to a location away from the wolves.
Nine other dead sheep were found but their cause of death couldn't be determined.
It's the first confirmed loss of livestock to wolves in Washington this year.
- Neighbors shocked about Blanchard shooting
- SPD investigating alleged attempted child abduction
- 179 "at risk" students to be excluded from school due to mumps outbreak
- SIRR team investigating weekend officer-involved shooting
- Deputies, suspect involved in Blanchard shooting identified
- Lind-Ritzville schools announce early release Tuesday