SPRINGDALE, Wash. - The Washington Department of Fish and Game confirms a wolf pack killed at least 14 sheep near Springdale.
The sheep were part of a herd of nearly 1,800 sheep grazing on land off of Springdale-Hunters Road.
Investigators say the attack happened earlier this week.
Wildlife agents are working with the rancher to move other sheep to a location away from the wolves.
Nine other dead sheep were found but their cause of death couldn't be determined.
It's the first confirmed loss of livestock to wolves in Washington this year.
- Lawmakers don't want pot billboards to be appealing to kids
- Thousands of pennies to help nonprofit school
- Hundreds 'March for Science' in Spokane
- Pink Ribbon Run will raise funds for local breast cancer patients
- STA one step closer to Central City Line
- Providence Health Care to break ground on new behavioral health hospital