SPOKANE, Wash. - SCRAPS has forwarded a recommendation to prosecutors that charges be filed for animal cruelty in the Evergreen Pet Shop case.
The animal protection service has finished its investigation into the store, located at 14319 E. Sprague Ave. in Spokane Valley, which was triggered by complaints that animals were left neglected in the store.
The store closed in August but the animals were still being kept in the building.
The charging request forwarded to prosecutors mentioned the owners, operators and employees of Evergreen Pet Store and that the violations they face including 1st degree animal cruelty -- a felony -- and 2nd degree animal cruelty, a misdemeanor.
- Preparing for icy winter weather
- Neighbor of suspect shocked by shooting
- SPD officers attempted tasing suspect before resorting to deadly force
- Unvaccinated students forced to stay home due to mumps outbreak
- 2 Bonner County deputies shot near Blanchard
- Baldwin leaving EWU for Cal offensive coordinator position