EPHRATA, Wash. - Salmon are making their way past the Wanapum and Rock Island dams after changes were made in fish ladders because of the lowered reservoir behind the Wanapum Dam, which is on the Columbia River near Vantage.
The Grant and Chelan County Public Utility Districts made the changes in May as part of the response to a crack found in the Wanapum Dam.
The news website iFIBER One News reports the ladders were tested with 250 fish released with tags. All the fish made it past both dams on their way upstream.
- Woman arrested for South Hill hit and run
- Give 4 Kids raises over $58k for Children's Miracle Network
- Man who lost leg in motorcycle crash reunites with dentist who saved him
- 3D printing technology helps cardiologists save lives
- National Prescription Drug Take Back Day
- Spokane man accused of sexually assaulting women faces serious penalties