YAKIMA, Wash. - Authorities say a Bellingham man who fell 60 feet while rock climbing in the Naches area is expected to recover.
Yakima County sheriff's Sgt. Ed Levesque says the 29-year-old was climbing the face of a cliff Saturday when an anchor that he set pulled off the rock, causing his fall. He was airlifted to Yakima Regional Medical Center.
Levesque said Sunday that the climber was wearing safety equipment and a helmet.
The sheriff's office, Naches Fire, Yakima Fire and other agencies responded to the report about 6:45 p.m. Saturday.
- Community helps SPD find hit and run suspect
- Several rallies, marches fill Spokane
- Woman arrested for South Hill hit and run
- Give 4 Kids raises over $58k for Children's Miracle Network
- Man who lost leg in motorcycle crash reunites with dentist who saved him
- 3D printing technology helps cardiologists save lives