YAKIMA, Wash. - Authorities say a Bellingham man who fell 60 feet while rock climbing in the Naches area is expected to recover.
Yakima County sheriff's Sgt. Ed Levesque says the 29-year-old was climbing the face of a cliff Saturday when an anchor that he set pulled off the rock, causing his fall. He was airlifted to Yakima Regional Medical Center.
Levesque said Sunday that the climber was wearing safety equipment and a helmet.
The sheriff's office, Naches Fire, Yakima Fire and other agencies responded to the report about 6:45 p.m. Saturday.
- SPD officers attempted tasing suspect before resorting to deadly force
- Unvaccinated students forced to stay home due to mumps outbreak
- 2 Bonner County deputies shot near Blanchard
- Baldwin leaving EWU for Cal offensive coordinator position
- National Weather Service issues Ice Storm Warning for Grant County
- Thousands turn out for MLK march