SPOKANE, Wash. - Summer weather has certainly left us in the Inland Northwest, but we're actually not too far away from enjoying some of Riverfront Park's brand new attractions.
"It's been a great summer. Lots of activity," exclaimed Spokane Parks and Recreation Director Leroy Eadie. "Right across the street here of course we have our rec rink finishing up. All the concrete is poured, so we're excited about that."
While we're fortunately not quite cold enough for an ice ribbon - it's certainly not too early to start planning for some big reveals.
"At the end of November, we're going to have a grand opening here on the rec rink," declared Eadie.
"It's gonna be a ton of fun, we're gonna have a lot of celebration because it's our first big project that we've completed in the park, and folks will be skating on the ice on that weekend and into the Christmas holidays."
As for public approval, city leaders have noticed that taxpayers are going from annoyed to excited about the seemingly endless months of construction in the park.
The next Open House concerning Riverfront construction is scheduled for Tuesday October 3rd in the Downtown Library. For up to date pictures of the construction, click here.
- WSU Spokane professor launches anti-bias police training
- Northeast Spokane neighborhood rocked by multiple tire slashings
- State tries to prove convicted cop killer is eligible for death penalty
- I90 on-ramp at Walnut may close in near future
- Spokane updates snow plow plan ahead of winter season
- MAC to host Titanic artifact exhibition