RICHLAND, Wash. - Police in Richland say an 11-year-old boy saved his mother's life by calling for help and then giving his mother CPR.
The Tri-City Herald reports the boy came from home from school Friday and found his mother unconscious. He called 911 and began performing CPR, following instructions from the 911 dispatcher.
Police responded and took over CPR until paramedics from the Richland Fire Department arrived.
Paramedics were able to get a pulse and the woman was taken to Kadlec Regional Medical Center in Richland.
- North Idaho millionare's estate up for auction
- Many seniors, mentally ill patients losing affordable housing
- Demand for new homes increasing, as is need for skilled workers and land
- Pickup plunges over 200-foot cliff, killing driver
- Domestic violence suspect flees after high speed chase
- Two men charged with burglarizing home