RICHLAND, Wash. - Police in Richland say an 11-year-old boy saved his mother's life by calling for help and then giving his mother CPR.
The Tri-City Herald reports the boy came from home from school Friday and found his mother unconscious. He called 911 and began performing CPR, following instructions from the 911 dispatcher.
Police responded and took over CPR until paramedics from the Richland Fire Department arrived.
Paramedics were able to get a pulse and the woman was taken to Kadlec Regional Medical Center in Richland.
- I-90 over Snoqualmie Pass closed all day, night
- Man killed in weekend officer-involved shooting identified
- Neighbors shocked about Blanchard shooting
- SPD investigating alleged attempted child abduction
- 179 "at risk" students to be excluded from school due to mumps outbreak
- SIRR team investigating weekend officer-involved shooting