YAKIMA, Wash. - Seventy-three-year-old Warren Hinrichs plans to return to work painting flagpoles despite passing out and having to be rescued from the pole atop the federal Courthouse in downtown Yakima.
He blames the heat Monday for slipping upside down and requiring help from firefighters.
The Spokane man told the Yakima Herald-Republic he's painted more than 5,000 flagpoles across the West in the past half-century.
He'll have to wait for his next job, though. Firefighters collected his rigging for evidence in a state Department of Labor and Industries investigation.
- City Council approves $1.75m loan for Ridpath Redevelopment
- Mail Theft Ring Suspect Arrested
- City working to fill potholes despite poor road conditions
- Wrongful death lawsuit over case of Brenda Thurman still unresolved
- Post Falls company under fire for racist image
- Officer not charged in May 2016 shooting