KELLER, Wash. - UPDATE: The fire has now reached 775 acres and is at 80% containment. Currently, 371 firefighters are assigned to the fire. Road closures are still in place.
A 500 acre Redford Canyon fire is burning southeast of Keller, on the Colville Tribes' Hellgate Game Reserve.
Timber, grass, and sage are the primary fuels burning, but single tree torching has also been observed.
The fire is currently at 10% containment. Air resources are supportng ground crews. It is expected that over 250 fire fighters will be fighting the fire as of Tuesday.
Road closures will be in place on the following roads:
-Nine Mile is closed.
-Four Corners road that goes to the 6 mile area will be open to residence and logging operations only.
Boaters along Lake Roosevelt need to be aware of helicopters and aircraft dipping water out of the lake. You are asked to stay clear of areas being used by firefighting aircraft.
Those traveling on Silver Creek Road should use extreme caution due to logging traffic and fire equipment beginning to move from the fire through the weekend.
- Woman shoots boyfriend in domestic violence incident
- Spokane Police looking for missing 86-year-old woman
- KXLY 4 Extreme Team lights up park for children in the hospital
- Windstorm 2015: Two years later
- Matt's Place Foundation builds homes for those battling ALS
- Couple adopts son for National Adoption Day