WENATCHEE, Wash. - The Washington apple industry is expecting a record harvest.
Officials say the apples should fill 140 million 40-pound boxes.
The Capital Press reports that would be an 8 percent increase over the record crop in 2012.
The forecast is based on estimates from growers, packers and marketers.
- Preparing for icy winter weather
- Neighbor of suspect shocked by shooting
- SPD officers attempted tasing suspect before resorting to deadly force
- Unvaccinated students forced to stay home due to mumps outbreak
- 2 Bonner County deputies shot near Blanchard
- Baldwin leaving EWU for Cal offensive coordinator position