GOLD HILL, Ore. - Four city councilors in the Jackson County city of Gold Hill have survived a recall vote over approving a license for a medical marijuana dispensary.
The Grants Pass Daily Courier reports Tuesday that all four got 60 percent of the vote or more.
Recall petitioners had said they should be removed for pursuing their own agenda and for allowing the Breeze Botanicals dispensary to set up shop too close to homes, parks and other community facilities.
City Councilor Margaret Dials says the vote validates their position that the community supports the dispensary.
Chief petitioner Deb West says she was trying to maintain Gold Hill as a safe, clean place for young families.
- Community helps SPD find hit and run suspect
- Several rallies, marches fill Spokane
- Woman arrested for South Hill hit and run
- Give 4 Kids raises over $58k for Children's Miracle Network
- Man who lost leg in motorcycle crash reunites with dentist who saved him
- 3D printing technology helps cardiologists save lives