GOLD HILL, Ore. - Four city councilors in the Jackson County city of Gold Hill have survived a recall vote over approving a license for a medical marijuana dispensary.
The Grants Pass Daily Courier reports Tuesday that all four got 60 percent of the vote or more.
Recall petitioners had said they should be removed for pursuing their own agenda and for allowing the Breeze Botanicals dispensary to set up shop too close to homes, parks and other community facilities.
City Councilor Margaret Dials says the vote validates their position that the community supports the dispensary.
Chief petitioner Deb West says she was trying to maintain Gold Hill as a safe, clean place for young families.
- SPD officers attempted tasing suspect before resorting to deadly force
- Unvaccinated students forced to stay home due to mumps outbreak
- 2 Bonner County deputies shot near Blanchard
- Baldwin leaving EWU for Cal offensive coordinator position
- National Weather Service issues Ice Storm Warning for Grant County
- Thousands turn out for MLK march