PULLMAN, Wash. - The Pullman Police Department is investigating the vandalism of a Washington State University student's vehicle.
The department posted the following message, along with the photos above, on their Facebook page:
"The Pullman Police Department is actively investigating the recent vandalism of a WSU student's vehicle. In what is being considered a hate crime, slurs and derogatory messages were painted on the victim's sedan while parked on College Hill. Anyone with information that may assist in identifying the subject(s) responsible are asked to contact the Pullman Police Department at (509) 334-0802. (PPD Case #16-P11362)
"Please remember that we share this community with many people from different cultural, ethnic, religious, educational, and ideological backgrounds. It is important to be respectful of our neighbors and the diversity that makes Washington State University and the greater Pullman community such dynamic, thriving environments in which to live and learn. We want to assure Pullman residents and students that hate crimes will not be tolerated. Pullman PD is committed to doing everything that we can to find those responsible for this act, and to assure the safety of our community and its people."
- Neighbors shocked about Blanchard shooting
- SPD investigating alleged attempted child abduction
- 179 "at risk" students to be excluded from school due to mumps outbreak
- SIRR team investigating weekend officer-involved shooting
- Deputies, suspect involved in Blanchard shooting identified
- Lind-Ritzville schools announce early release Tuesday