SPOKANE, Wash. - Spokane police arrested a man for attempted vehicle theft in North Spokane on Friday morning.
According to police, around 2 a.m. Friday, someone called 911 to report a man who was prowling cars at an apartment complex at 19 East Pine Ridge Court. When an officer arrived, he found Randy Norberg, 31, at the scene and took him in to custody.
Norberg was armed with a large knife and a sword.
Police said Norberg tried to steal two vehicles by tampering with their ignitions.
Norberg was arrested and booked into the Spokane County Jail on suspicion of attempted vehicle theft.
Spokane police said the witness did a good thing by not approaching the prowler. Police also said several apartment buildings in North Spokane have been plagued by recent vehicle thefts. Officers said they hope Norberg's arrest will decrease thefts in the area.
- New report says Spokane spends $1M on cops in schools
- Spokane man splits top prize in television reality show
- A robot that picks apples? Replacing humans worries some
- Domestic violence suspect flees after high speed chase
- Naked man arrested in community college women's bathroom
- 4 Things to Know for April 28th