MOSCOW, Idaho - A WSU professor arrested for raping a teenage girl has posted bond and was released from the Latah County Jail.
Andrew Appleton posted bond Thursday and was released. A British citizen, Appleton had to surrender his passport. He also signed a waiver of extradition, which says if he ends up getting arrested out of state, he won't fight extradition to Latah County.
Appleton, a political science professor at WSU, was arrested earlier this week and charged with rape. Police say he carried on a sexual relationship with a teenage family member for several years. Police recorded a phone call between Appleton and the victim, where he admits the sexual relationship.
Appleton is not allowed on the WSU campus right now. He's also not allowed to contact the victim. He'll be back in court for a preliminary hearing next month.
- Driver arrested after Spokane Valley crash injures four juveniles
- Lawmakers don't want pot billboards to be appealing to kids
- Thousands of pennies to help nonprofit school
- Hundreds 'March for Science' in Spokane
- Pink Ribbon Run will raise funds for local breast cancer patients
- STA one step closer to Central City Line