MOSCOW, Idaho - A WSU professor arrested for raping a teenage girl has posted bond and was released from the Latah County Jail.
Andrew Appleton posted bond Thursday and was released. A British citizen, Appleton had to surrender his passport. He also signed a waiver of extradition, which says if he ends up getting arrested out of state, he won't fight extradition to Latah County.
Appleton, a political science professor at WSU, was arrested earlier this week and charged with rape. Police say he carried on a sexual relationship with a teenage family member for several years. Police recorded a phone call between Appleton and the victim, where he admits the sexual relationship.
Appleton is not allowed on the WSU campus right now. He's also not allowed to contact the victim. He'll be back in court for a preliminary hearing next month.
- Statuses updated for injured Bonner deputies, suspected shooter
- Spokane Public Schools explains decision to hold class Wednesday
- Spokane crews working to fight potential floods
- Police investigate north Spokane shooting
- WSP responded to 100+ vehicle crashes in Spokane area Wednesday morning
- I-90 over Snoqualmie Pass closed all day, night