MOXEE, Wash. - As craft beers continue to soar in popularity, the production of hops continues to grow.
Most of the nation's hops are grown in the Yakima Valley.
Hops Growers of America reported Monday that the 2016 harvest of 87.1 million pounds of hops was an increase of 8.3 million pounds from the year before.
Production rose in Washington, Oregon and Idaho, which are the three major hops producing states.
- Man found dead in downtown Spokane parking lot
- Riverfront Park construction progresses
- Study shows Spokane Police Department needs more officers
- Mom of son with rare disease says healthcare decision is about more than 'politics'
- Summer thunderstorms leave a mess for some residents around region
- Airman found dead in dorm at Fairchild