PORT ANGELES, Wash. - Port Angeles Mayor Cherie Kidd is visiting Joint Base Lewis-McChord on Monday to demand answers from the Army about helicopters she says "terrorized my city."
Kidd is meeting with Col. H. Charles Hodges Jr. about unannounced training flights late Thursday night that alarmed residents, woke up children and startled livestock.
The Peninsula Daily News reports the mayor is inviting Hodges to address the public at a Tuesday night city council meeting at City Hall.
No one notified local officials that four special forces helicopters would be flying around the Coast Guard station at Ediz Hook. Startled residents called emergency dispatch operators and said low-flying copters were circling the city.
- Viral video features Spokane area airmen being blocked by protesters
- Whitworth students caught in DC protest
- Thousands participate in Spokane Women's March
- 92-year-old man attempts snow shoeing for first time
- Airmen blocked access to Trump's inauguration by protesters
- Spokane police officer saves woman from burning car