SPOKANE, Wash. - A man was stabbed in North Spokane on Wednesday morning, and Spokane police are still searching for the woman who allegedly stabbed him.
The stabbing happened around 3 a.m. at a house on the 4100 block of West Wellesley Avenue.
According to Spokane police, there were multiple people inside the house when the stabbing happened and one of them called 911. Officers are looking for April Fletcher, 31, because they believe she stabbed her boyfriend. They said she may have been a victim of domestic violence and was defending herself when the stabbing happened.Police seek girlfriend in connection to stabbing
Police said the public is not in danger and this was not a random crime. Officers also said the house where the stabbing happened is a well-known problem house. Officers were just at the house two days ago, executing a warrant.
The man was transported to Sacred Heart Medical Center in critical condition. He went into surgery around 4 a.m.
Major Crimes detectives are leading the investigation.
- Thousands of pennies to help nonprofit school
- Hundreds 'March for Science' in Spokane
- Pink Ribbon Run will raise funds for local breast cancer patients
- STA one step closer to Central City Line
- Providence Health Care to break ground on new behavioral health hospital
- Man charged with almost a dozen sexual assaults