ELK, Wash. - The Pend Oreille County Sheriff's Office is investigating a stabbing that happened Sunday night.
According to deputies, the stabbing happened just after 8:30 p.m. Deputies were initially called out to a house on Juanita Lane for domestic violence. When they arrived at the scene deputies said they found, Sally Swancara, 56, dead from multiple stab wounds.
Deputies said the suspect, Matthew Swancara, 24, ran away from the house just before deputies arrived.
Matthew is described as a white male, about 5 feet 10 inches tall and weighs about 130 pounds. He has blond hair and green eyes. He is believed to have left the house driving a black 2001 Suzuki Esteem station wagon with Washington license plate number ACB6116.
Deputies confirm Matthew is related to Sally, but they did not say how the two are related.
If anyone has information on Matthew Swancara's whereabouts, call the Pend Oreille County Sheriff's Office at 1-800-669-3407.
- Driver arrested after Spokane Valley crash injures four juveniles
- Lawmakers don't want pot billboards to be appealing to kids
- Thousands of pennies to help nonprofit school
- Hundreds 'March for Science' in Spokane
- Pink Ribbon Run will raise funds for local breast cancer patients
- STA one step closer to Central City Line