LIBERTY LAKE, Wash. - Liberty Lake police say a woman's report about being attacked last week was fabricated.
She told officers she had just gotten out of her car last Wednesday when a man she didn't know approached her and asked for a cigarette then knocked her to the ground, kicked her and ran off.
After further investigation, and a grueling interview with the victim, police have determined her story is false.
Police say charges for making the false report will be filed against the woman.
- Man who lost leg in motorcycle crash reunites with dentist who saved him
- 3D printing technology helps cardiologists save lives
- National Prescription Drug Take Back Day
- Spokane man accused of sexually assaulting women faces serious penalties
- Idaho city officials eye former mill site along Spokane River
- Trinity Catholic School breaks ground on new facillity