SPOKANE, Wash. - A Spokane Police Officer has been placed on administrative leave after he was arrested for DUI Saturday night.
Mike Russo was not on duty at the time of the incident, according to Police spokesperson Monique Cotton.
Russo was arrested after a single car crash in North Spokane. Spokane Police responded to the crash, but the Washington State Patrol was called to the scene and arrested Russo.
The Washington State Patrol is investigating the incident while the police department has launched an internal administrative investigation into Russo's DUI.
Russo was hired by the Spokane Police Department in 2003 and has received eight commendations during his time on the force.
- Woman arrested for South Hill hit and run
- Give 4 Kids raises over $58k for Children's Miracle Network
- Man who lost leg in motorcycle crash reunites with dentist who saved him
- 3D printing technology helps cardiologists save lives
- National Prescription Drug Take Back Day
- Spokane man accused of sexually assaulting women faces serious penalties