SPOKANE, Wash. - UPDATE: Spokane Police have located the driver and vehicle after receiving an anonymous tip.
Officers have seized the vehicle as evidence.
The driver of the vehicle is being interviewed, but no arrests have been made yet. The investigation is ongoing.
Around 8:30 Thursday night, Spokane police officers were called to the area of 4th and Maple in downtown Spokane for a pedestrian hit and run.
When officers arrived on scene they found the victim had already been taken to the hospital, and all witnesses had left the scene.
Police said prior to the crash, multiple people called Crime Check to report two disorderly men in the road. Then following the crash more people call 911, but none of those witnesses stayed at the scene to talk to officers and attempts to reach them have been unsuccessful.
Police said because of the victim's head injury, he has not been able to give them a statement.
Anyone with information on this crash or what happened just prior to is asked to call Crime Check at 509-456-2233.
- WSU Spokane professor launches anti-bias police training
- Northeast Spokane neighborhood rocked by multiple tire slashings
- State tries to prove convicted cop killer is eligible for death penalty
- I90 on-ramp at Walnut may close in near future
- Spokane updates snow plow plan ahead of winter season
- MAC to host Titanic artifact exhibition